Monday, January 19, 2015

In the Drivers Seat of My Own Life

Last week, I spent a memorable evening with Cheryl Strayed, the author of the book "Wild".  I guess you could say I'm a big fan, read the book (loved it). Saw the movie a gift for my birthday and now Cheryl live.  Enjoyed listening, as she told stories of her life, the writing of book and the making of the movie.


I think many of Cheryl's stories resinate with a lot of readers, I know it did for me.  One particular passage in the book especially hit home, when Bobbie is near death, she shares one of her life's regrets, and I quote "I have never been in the drivers seat of my own life".

Wow.... have I been in that seat?  How much? How little?  Sometimes life can put you on autopilot, going with the flow and then you wake up and wonder how did I get here.  Taking back the drivers seat, that is what the next 12 months is about.  A transition toward independence, gathering strength,  direction and commitment,  knowing what I want and taking steps every day toward that goal.
 

                                              Back in the drivers seat


Explore ~ Capture ~ Create

Until next week......

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment